Saturday, January 14, 2017

"Get Up!" He said.

Photo on the streets of New York City.
Just imagine
what this little boy is dreaming!
Photo by Chris Tracy
Do verses jump out at you sometimes when you read your Bible? It is happening more frequently to me and I am loving these ways that God is speaking into my circumstances.

One example this week was John 5:8 - “Then Jesus said to him, ‘Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.’” He was speaking to a man who had waited many years to be helped into a pool to be healed. He blamed others who would always get in ahead of him. Jesus asked him if he even desired to be healed. This reminded me of my Dad when he would come wake me up and get me going on a weekend day when I would have rather been lazy. He’d have me out participating in life, in family, in chores - mowing the lawn, weeding dandelions, shoveling snow, helping clean, or just being part of the family fun. So, when I read - “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk “- I heard my Dad’s voice. “Get going! Follow your dreams! Seize the day! Conquer your fear! Slay the giant! Gain the victory!”

I have a dream. It’s a big one. And there are scary things between that dream and me. It is easy to make excuses. But that is not who my Father in Heaven made me to be. The next verse says that "at once" the man was cured. So I am to get up and expect that “at once” God is right there curing my fears - being strong in me - and being my cheerleader as I walk into my destiny. Quite a picture! Just wait till you see what I am about to do!

Bless you all today!

No comments:

Post a Comment