Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Grace - It's better than you think

Picture of grace:
My vet tech daughter, Erin, being legs
for a lame old boy named Buddy.

I used to think - even until today - that verses about Jesus walking in grace meant something about his dignity, royalty, stature, anointing, coordination, beauty and divinity. But though these are true of His character - these are not representations of His Grace. No. He walked in Truth (for us) and Grace (for us). Grace to forgive. Grace to understand. Grace extended to us in whatever our human state. Grace that gives us new eyes to see; new ears to hear; new legs to walk. Grace to pick us up, dust us off, and send us on a pathway to our destiny - one that is filled with hope and joy. He is grace. He is grace empowered in us for others. I want to walk in that kind of grace…love my neighbor…love those who oppose me…love those who think they are unloveable, love without fear.  I want to extend grace to family and friends - loving unconditionally in every situation. There for them. Present in today. Present with God in every moment. I have a ways to go. Thankfully, there is grace for me to get there.

John 1:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment