Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bruises, Lattés, and Morning Buns


I’ve had a few dark days lately. For example, today I woke up with a swollen, badly bruised cheek (from dental surgery) and a painful limp. If that weren’t enough, my glasses went flying and broke. After blindly finding my old specs, I managed to get to the couch. My thoughts immediately were filled with all that was wrong. On top of all this, I’ve been listening to negative world news. And Christmas music – which I usually dance to – has drummed up sadness from deep in my heart for loved ones lost during past holiday seasons. Geeeee.... Talk about a perfect storm leading to a tsunami of depression!
I know I am not alone in these types of feelings. You may know me as always cheerful and happy – always up and never down. Well, here I am today – painfully raw and literally looking really bad.
I could have easily stayed in bed today, but I know there is an enemy of my soul out there wanting me to do just that. Thank God I thought about that. Soooo...I picked myself up, curled my hair into a sassy ponytail, put on a stylish outfit – even make-up – and headed to Starbucks, bruised cheek and all.
This is one of those days I get to defeat the works of the devil. I have turned off negative news and listened to that positive, encouraging station. And I have decided to be extremely thankful today for the hip and the tooth that served me so well for so long...for the body parts that still work perfectly...that God made me beautiful in His eyes...and that I have a destiny He has called me to that no amount of attack is going to alter. My world, in fact, is getting better and better.
Yes. Thank you, God!!!!! You love me so much!!! And thank you, Starbucks, for latté’s and morning buns!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I am taking steps to overcome my weaknesses and I will not allow anything to stop me. I choose to be in a happier place because I know that I don't have to be depressed.

    ReplyDelete