Monday, December 3, 2012

Expect a Miracle Today!



Sunset in Redding, California
Years ago, after my grandma passed away, I helped my dad clean out her small apartment. We packed up clothes, shoes, linens, photos, pots and pans...then we came to her dishes. I had so many memories of Grandma making my visits special by serving me her baked creations on her treasured china. It was easy for me to ask my dad right then for that special set of china, even though I knew it had been planned for my future inheritance. My dad, knowing my love and appreciaton for this special gift, happily said yes and I soon had it on my own table.
Mary, Jesus’ mother, who pondered for years over God’s promises regarding her son, had a similar relationship with her Father God. Knowing what her son was capable of, she could wait no longer. When the wine ran out at a wedding, she asked Jesus to “make” some more. This Son who only did what He saw his Father doing, responded that it wasn’t his time yet. But his mama insisted...and Jesus must have seen Papa God do it right then, because Jesus spoke and water turned to wine. It was the first recorded event of His public ministry.
Is there something you have been wishing for, dreaming about, or wanting from God? Has God promised it for a later day? Like Mary, as God’s beloved child, you too can ask your Papa. You can pray to God and pull into today what may be meant for tomorrow. It may be your hope for a family member. It may be something just for you. Ask. Watch. Like Mary, it’s okay to expect a miracle. God doesn't mind. And if your heart is ready, He may just change His schedule!
Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment