Saturday, May 4, 2013

Jehovah Sneaky


Art by Chris Tracy
I signed up for a class; gathered friends; moved to a new town; took some risks - not all in that order and not all at the same time. Nothing too astounding… .
Little did I know that our God – our loving Father and kind teacher – would take what little I offered – just like the boy with the fishes and loaves - and multiply it into something I never thought I would or could do.
That is our God. He is sneaky and tricky.
He takes what we dream about, our passion and heart interests, and without sending us into panic mode quietly leads us step by step into what to us is unknown but to Him is part of a vast roadmap – a strategic plan – that He has called us to be part of.
He took the shy me – the one who feared risk, and the one who listened to the enemy of her thoughts say things like “you can’t do it… that’s foolish… you never follow through with anything… ,” and then He showed me His truth.
God grew my dreams from writer to author; from forming small groups of friends to coordinating regional meetings with yet-to-be friends; from a settled life among loved ones in a small town to a place where I made new friends that now live around the world.
So I wonder what I am giving Him now that He will increase? I am not sure, but I have learned to trust Him. He knows better than I what my dreams are. He put them in me. He is such a good God!

No comments:

Post a Comment