Sunday, May 19, 2013

This Great Earth


How about a duet with God?
Photo by Chris Tracy
Downtown Grand Junction, Colorado
Right now I’m sitting outside a very cool coffee shop in artsy downtown Grand Junction. The fountain next to me sings in concert with the outside piano on which a young musician is banging out his version of Heart and Soul. I think of getting up and playing the upper melody.
The warm breeze continues to thaw my winter worn body, and I am at total peace as I type and breathe in the flower-scented air under a bright red umbrella.
I think…I was born for this - writing, creating, appreciating artists and even not-so-good musicians. I think about how I love to paint, though I’m not a painter; I love to play music, though I’m not really a musician. There is something in the creating and in the appreciation of others creating that makes me feel free, childlike, and gets my mind out of the rut that it tends to get into. When I paint or write or take pretty photos, my mind is on the beauty of color and the joy of Creation. I think how much fun Papa had thinking up, then speaking forth this amazing homeland we call Earth. Mountains, oceans, gems, animals, songbirds, rainbows, seasons, sunsets, blooming fruit trees, fragrances of nature, sounds of streams…
Yes – there is plenty wrong with our world. But there is plenty right with it. I choose to dwell on the latter because it is where my heart lives. Thank you, God, for this great Earth You gave me to enjoy. You are so good!

Check out our ministry site and buy my book! www.breadwineministries.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment