Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Safe Place


I had the pleasure and awe of being around my powerful 2-year-old grandson, Cord, this week. I forgot the influence a 2-year-old can wield. We saw running, shouting, tears, laughter, dancing, wonder, jokes, craziness, obstinance, silliness, smartness, sadness, hilarity, anger, frustration, and just a little tornado. We witnessed the angelic and the naughty all in the same breath.
And all the while, he was enveloped by a family that loves him completely. Only in that kind of love can a little one feel safe to try out his super powers. Only with that kind of love can a parent, sister, brother, grandparent, aunty, or uncle tolerate it with amusement and patience - knowing it is just a little while before he evolves into yet another form of this amazing little person. Ha ha. What a funny little guy. I guess it's kind of like God deals with me. He laughs, is amused, is in awe, and gently corrects when I act like a 2-year old - and I feel safe.
We sure enjoyed our family during the Thanksgiving through New Year holidays. Sure did!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment